Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Poem, Far From The Sidewalk


Busy today, preparing for the holidays!  Not much new on the tree front, as per my previous post, but enough busy work around the house, decorating and such, to keep me busy and out of trouble.  Although, I did cut two fingers mopping the floor today...a story for another time!

I have a couple of things I need, but I have to get in the car and drive about two hours to get the stuff, as you may remember I don't live near a sidewalk where I can walk  to a store, so I did what I could here and will save up a bunch of things to get in one gas-guzzling trip later in the week.

One project I've been working on has me scouring past Christmas productions.  For twenty years, I've been publishing a family Christmas newsletter and including in each edition a poem of my creation.

So, I'll keep this post short, as you're probably busy, too, and share a poem from the 1990 Cunningham Christmas Chronicle!  Let me know if you like it!



Wrapped

Paper and ribbons, tags and bows, 
Scissors and scotch tape,
Where did they go?

Just used the foil, just had the bag,
Can't leave it like that,
It looks like a rag!

Plain paper, stripped, loose or strapped.
I'm beginning to wonder
Maybe I need to be wrapped!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment